New Year's Eve free ride home being offered | Community Spirit
Budweiser of Columbia, a locally owned and operated beer and wine distributor, is proud to offer this great service to all their friends and neighbors during the celebration of New Year’s, 2012.
Budweiser is once again joining, Checker Yellow Cab, Free Times and Inner City broadcasting to provide the annual New Year’s Eve Free Ride Home Program.
Cabs will be stationed at the following locations for the subsidized cab rides on December 31, between 11 pm and 3am:
(1) Near the Fountain In Five Points
(2) Near the Tin Roof in the Vista
(3) Near the corner of Main/Taylor Street (cabs will enter from Sumter Street)
Private Party-goers can also call between 11:00 pm and 3:00am on New Year’s Eve and also receive a free ride home up to $10.00. Some Restrictions Apply:
Free rides are limited to those hours and the destination of the trip must be a residence or hotel within Richland and Lexington Counties...
Here are some tips for the customer to make the service more efficient:
1) Call 799-3311. To take advantage of the program you must call Checker Yellow Cab prior to the ride or let the driver know you are a Budweiser Alert Cab Rider...
2) Be ready with the name of the bar, business location, or phone number of the place from which you are calling.
3) Check the cab for all personal items prior to exiting. Drivers are independent contractors and generally go directly to the next available call on New Year’s Eve.
4) Do not bring open containers into the cab.
5) Please do not offer the driver alcohol.
When you are out celebrating keep in mind that responsibility matters, and we all benefit by keeping our roads safe. Checker Yellow is the official nightlife transportation company for Budweiser of Columbia.
Each Year Columbia Residents and visitors have enjoyed this service, so why not make the right choice, and call Checker Yellow at 803-799-3311.
Points of Contact:
Checker Yellow Cab – Peyton Greene 739-7135
Budweiser of Columbia – Donna Rodgers 799-5490
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations