Play it safe this Super Bowl Sunday | Sports & Recreation
The Highway Patrol is asking everyone to make the right choice this Sunday, when they are watching the Super Bowl.
People will be going out to local bars or restaurants or even just down the street to a neighbors or friends house to watch the game, so the highway patrol is encouraging everyone to play it safe.
So far, 175,000 NFL fans have pledged to be a designated driver this season- a new record.
Troopers are asking that you be the designated driver or pick somebody in your group.
Here are some tips from the Highway Patrol:
- Designate your sober driver before the party begins and if you plan to drink leave your car keys at home.
- Cover the costs for parking or even pay for a tank of gas for the designated driver.
- Whatever non-alcoholic beverage they are drinking, make sure their glass is always full.
- Pick up the tab for their food and drink.
- Before you go out, make sure you have the numbers for local cab companies.
- Always buckle up- it’s your best defense on the road.
- Designated drivers should be well rested and prepared to drive any distance that is required to get their impaired passengers home safely.