Columbia zoo holds evening events for members | News
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Columbia's Riverbanks Zoo is holding three nighttime events this summer to give its members a behind-the-scenes look at what the animals do after dark.
The events will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday nights, May 20, June 17 and July 15.
The first event will show lions, gorillas and meerkats participating in special enrichment exercises zoo workers put them through to help stimulate their senses and encourage innate behavior.
The focus will turn to birds in June and reptiles in July.
Zoo members also can get $1 items from the park's concession menus during the events.
Online: Riverbanks Zoo, http://www.riverbanks.org
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations