SC Congressman donates $2,500 to golf program | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Children took to the greens Thursday in an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and learn the game of golf.
The First Tee Program of Columbia helps build character and it's a program Congressman James Clyburn believes in and fully supports.
Clyburn presented the program a $2,500 check to help with scholarships.
"We have a tournament, and the proceeds go to one of several things, one of which is 100 scholarships every year," Clyburn said.
The funding for Thursday's check presentation was donated from the James Clyburn Research and Scholarship Foundation.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations