Man charged in at least 8 business burglaries | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A Midlands man has been arrested and charged in connection with eight business burglaries in Richland County.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Rondy Spann, 42, is charged with eight counts of burglary and one count of grand larceny.
Spann was arrested on Monday near the intersection of Parklane Road and Farrow Roads by a deputy who was patrolling the area because of recent break-ins.
The Richland County Sheriff's Department Forensics Unit identified Spann from DNA collected at an October 1 crime scene.
Spann had previously been arrested for trespassing on railroad property on October 15. Lott said Spann was a primary suspect in business burglaries that had taken place in the vicinity.
Forensics evidence first connected Spann with a burglary at At the Office, located at 9003 Two Notch Road, the sheriff said. Spann is accused of stealing money and postage stamps and causing damage to the store.
Lott said investigators have determined that Spann was responsible for committing several burglaries:
- Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 110 Columbia Drive, Kiki's Chicken and Waffles - $1,470 in stolen merchandise and damages to the business.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 9005 Two Notch Road, Electra Services - $1,900 in estimated stolen merchandise and damages to the business.
- Friday, September 27, 2013 at 9557 Two Notch Road, City Nails and Facial - $600.00 in estimated damage to the business.
- Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 9610 Two Notch Road, Carmen's Salon – $500.00 estimated damage to the business.
- Monday, July 29, 2013 at 8606 Two Notch Road, Mill Creek Pet Food Center – Spann stole $15.00 in change and caused an estimated $300.00 in damage to the business.
- Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 9610 Two Notch Road, Carmen's Salon – Spann stole a check book and caused $1,000.00 in estimated damages to the business.
- Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 9830 Two Notch Road, Details Count - $500.00 in estimated damage to the business.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that Spann may be responsible for additional burglaries, and that additional charges may be forthcoming.
Spann has been transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.