Columbia park ranger charged with assaulting girls | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- A park ranger employed by the City of Columbia was arrested and charged with second-degree assault and aggravated assault after two girls alleged the 65-year-old fondled their breasts, according to a Columbia Police Department incident report.
Edwin A. Vincent of Columbia is accused of ordering two girls to remove their clothing early Wednesday morning while he was off duty and submit to a breast exam so that he could search for lumps and acne.
After learning of the allegations, a Columbia police officer reported to Riverfront Park where Vincent was on duty. Vincent agreed to report to the police department to discuss the alleged incidents.
Once at the department, Vincent admitted to touching the breasts of the girls to check for acne, the report states.
Vincent was arrested and transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. He eventually left the jail on a $5,000 surety bond.
City officials say Vincent is on investigatory leave, pending the outcome of this
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations