Richland County Funds First Multi-family Housing Project | News
Santee-Lynches Affordable Housing & Community Development Corporation will host a ribbon cutting ceremony at Sloan Road Apartments (formally Metro Apartments), 120 Sloan Road on May 17, 2013 from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Santee-Lynches, in partnership with Richland County Government and Midlands Housing Trust Fund, purchased and rehabilitated this 24-unit apartment complex in Northeast Richland County. The energy-saving renovations to the complex include new 15 SEER heating and air conditioning systems with programmable thermostats, 52”ceiling fans, energy star rated refrigerators and water heaters. Additional upgrades include weather stripping, handicap accessibility, paved parking, signage, landscaping and free Wi-Fi for the residents.
Santee-Lynches, a community based nonprofit, shares the mission of Richland County Government and Midlands Housing Trust Fund to provide quality, safe, decent and affordable housing for low to moderate income families. The redevelopment was financed by Richland County Government, Midlands Housing Trust Fund and BB&T.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations