Authorities release identity of motorcyclist who died Saturday evening | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Authorities have released the identity of a motorcyclist who died after losing control and running into a wooded area in the Harbison area Saturday night.
The crash happened around 7:30 p.m. on Crossbow Drive near Columbiana Drive.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Brian F. Rose, 40, of West Columbia was the only individual on the
bike when it ran off the roadway.
Watts said Rose was not wearing a helmet and died at
the scene from head trauma.
The Columbia Police
Department is investigating the crash.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest