Overnight crash causes gas leak and power outage | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Columbia Police have charged a driver with DUI after a crash Saturday morning caused a gas leak and a power outage.
Police say 46-year-old German Figueroa was traveling south on Beltline Boulevard when he hit the median near Rosewood Drive just before 5 a.m. The vehicle hit a power line cable and a gas line, causing a gas leak and power outage.
Columbia firefighters and SCE&G crews were called to the scene to handle the gas leak and make repairs.
Figueroa was charged with DUI, driving under suspension and operating an uninsured vehicle.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations