Safety checkpoint announced | News
Members of Columbia Police Department’s Traffic Safety Unit and South Carolina Highway Patrol are planning to conduct a public safety checkpoint at various times Friday evening.
The checkpoint will be in the area of Harden and Heyward Streets. This checkpoint is being conducted to reduce those violations.
Police say this location was selected based on traffic collisions that have occurred.
Officers will also check to make sure drivers are not intoxicated, have a proper driver’s license. Other violations of the law may also be observed.
Every vehicle that enters the checkpoint will be stopped.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations