Man wanted in downtown bank robbery arrested after running from cops | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Columbia Police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a robbery at the Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union on Washington Street Wednesday.
An investigator was following a Crimestoppers tip Thursday afternoon when he spotted 59-year-old Lawrence Graham Jordan walking along River Drive. Police say they caught up with Jordan after a short chase on foot.
Jordan is charged with armed robbery and entering a bank with intent to steal.
Witnesses tell police an older black male entered the bank just before 3 p.m., made threats to the staff, and demanded money. Witnesses did not see a gun, but the man left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
Police say no one was injured during the robbery.
Jordan was taken to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations