Fire damaging apartments blamed on unattended cooking | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- The Columbia Fire Department says unattended cooking caused a fire that damaged two apartments at a complex on Bailey Street Friday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the Colony Apartments just before 4:30 p.m. Friday.
One apartment is considered destroyed, while a second apartment suffered fire and smoke damage. Total damage is estimated at $50,000.
A family of two adults and one child was displaced. The American Red Cross is helping them.
Nobody was injured.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.