Fire caused by unattended cooking forces family out of home | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A family of six needs to find a new place to live after fire destroyed their home Friday. Fire investigators say unattended cooking caused the fire.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 300 block of Waterford Drive at about 3:00 Friday afternoon. The first crews on the scene reported heavy flames coming from the home.
Nobody was injured.
The American Red Cross is helping the family of 2 adults and 4 kids make living arrangements.
Damage is estimated at $50,000-$60,000.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations