Deputies: Dad tattoos "Daddy's Girl" on 14-year-old daughter | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A Richland County man is accused of tattooing "Daddy's Girl" on his daughter.
Deputies arrested 39-year-old Victor Shane Scroggins Thursday morning. He is charged with tattoo of a minor, unlawful neglect of a child and not having a required certificate. After turning himself in Thursday morning, Scroggins was taken to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Scroggins is accused of tattooing "Daddy's Girl" and a Browning logo in his 14-year-old daughter's wrist at their home in October.
Deputies received tips that Scroggins tattooed his daughter and possibly others in his home, without a license from the Department of Health and Environmental Control. Investigators are looking for anyone who may have received a tattoo from Scroggins. Anyone who has should contact the Richland County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff Leon Lott says "You should never take getting a tattoo lightly. Know the risks. Tattoos breach the skin which means infections and other complications are possible."
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations