Early-morning fire keeps firefighters busy for 12 hours | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A fire at a Richland County home kept firefighters busy for 12 hours Sunday morning.
The Columbia Fire Department was called to the home on Lakeshore Drive at about 12:30 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they say the two-story house was engulfed in flames.
Brick Lewis with the Columbia Fire Department says crews from seven fire companies worked on the fire for 12 hours.
Because of structural concerns, firefighters were forced to battle the flames from outside the house.
The homeowner was not home at the time and there are no reports of injuries.
Damage is estimated at $400,000. The Richland County Fire Marshal's office is investigating the cause of the fire.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest