Early-morning fire keeps firefighters busy for 12 hours | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A fire at a Richland County home kept firefighters busy for 12 hours Sunday morning.
The Columbia Fire Department was called to the home on Lakeshore Drive at about 12:30 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they say the two-story house was engulfed in flames.
Brick Lewis with the Columbia Fire Department says crews from seven fire companies worked on the fire for 12 hours.
Because of structural concerns, firefighters were forced to battle the flames from outside the house.
The homeowner was not home at the time and there are no reports of injuries.
Damage is estimated at $400,000. The Richland County Fire Marshal's office is investigating the cause of the fire.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations