No injuries, but house destroyed in fire | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS)- Investigators say unattended cooking caused a fire that forced a family of four out of their home Saturday morning.
Brick Lewis with the Columbia Fire Department says firefighters were called to 255 Pineneedle Rd. at about 5:30 a.m. Saturday. Firefighters had the flames under control in about 45 minutes.
Damage is estimated at $75,000 and the house was destroyed.
No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross is helping a family of four find another place to live.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations