Woman arrested after attack on cab driver | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Columbia Police have arrested a woman in connection with the stabbing and carjacking of a cab driver.
Police charged 32-year-old Shamona McFadden with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, attempted armed robbery and carjacking. She was taken to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Investigators say on Tuesday, McFadden demanded money from the cab driver in the 3600 block of Falling Springs Road. When the driver didn't give up the cash, police say McFadden stabbed the man several times in the head and face with a knife.
After the attack, police say McFadden stole the cab. The vehicle has been recovered.
The victim was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations