Local student-athletes in the running to play in 2013 McDonald’s All American Games | News
– McDonald’s® has announced its list of 814 prep seniors who have been nominated to play in the 2013 McDonald’s All American Games. This year’s list boasts players from 39 states and the District of Columbia who have been selected by high school coaches, athletic directors, principals and members of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee. A total of seven players hail from the Midlands of South Carolina. The local players nominated for the 2013 Games include:
· Alaina Coates, Dutch Fork High School, Irmo SC
· Daniqua Lewis, Crestwood High School. Sumter SC
· Keira Robinson, Keenan High School, Columbia SC
· Austin Ajukwa, Cardinal Newman High School, Columbia SC
· Matt Howard, A.C. Flora High School, Columbia SC
· Justin McKie, Irmo High School, Irmo SC
· Aaron Scott, Richland Northeast High School, Columbia SC
A complete list of 2013 McDonald’s All American Games nominees is available at www.mcdaag.com. The final roster of 24 boys and 24 girls who will be selected to play in the 2013 Games will be announced during the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Show on ESPNU on February 14 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
The 36th Annual Boys Game will tip-off on Wednesday, April 3 at 8:30 p.m. CT from Chicago’s United Center and will be broadcast on ESPN. The 12th Annual Girls Game will precede the Boys Game, beginning at 6 p.m. CT and will broadcast live on ESPNU. Information regarding tickets for the 2013 McDonald’s All American Games is available at Ticketmaster. Tickets for the 2013 Games go on sale January 19 at 11:00 a.m. CT. Tickets start at $10 and include free parking. There is also the popular family four-pack option which includes four tickets, four soft drinks and four hot dogs – all for $53.