Man accused of molesting girls in Columbia and Kershaw County | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- A Columbia man has been arrested and accused of molesting girls in two counties. Investigators say one of the victims is a 10-year-old relative.
Columbia Police arrested 33-year-old Charles Richard Bradberry at a home on River Hill Circle Monday. He is charged with criminal sexual conduct in Columbia, while investigators in Kershaw County are working on filing similar charges against him.
While living in Kershaw County, investigators there say Bradberry molested a 10-year-old relative and the 14-year-old daughter of his former girlfriend. Kershaw County Sheriff's investigators learned he was living in Columbia with his girlfriend and the 10-year-old alleged victim.
DSS was notified and the 10-year-old was taken into protective custody.
The mother of the 14-year-old reported to Columbia Police that her daughter had been molested. The teen told investigators the molestation occurred in November of 2012.
Investigators say the 10-year-old told them she was molested in Columbia and Kershaw County.
Bradberry is being held at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
The Kershaw County Sheriff's Department says Bradberry has previous arrests for several charges, including criminal domestic violence, kidnapping and violation of a protective order.
Investigators are looking for other possible victims in this case. If you have something to report, call Crimestoppers at 1-888-Crime-SC.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest