Longtime championship coach has died | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- A longtime coach who led C.A. Johnson High School to eight S.C. Upper State Championships has died.
Kenneth Fitzroy Sandiford was 92 years old.
Sandiford was a teacher at C.A. Johnson High School where he coached track, boxing and wrestling. He also worked as associate professor, athletics director and track and soccer coach for 17 years at Vorhees College.
A memorial service is from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Leevy's Funeral Home, Taylor St. Chapel.
Fitzroy's funeral is Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Church of the Good Shepherd, 1512 Blanding St. He will be buried at St. Peter's Catholic Cemetery.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations