Coroner identifies woman found dead in Rubbermaid bin | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Authorities have released the identity of a woman found dead inside a Rubbermaid container in a McDonald's parking lot early Wednesday morning.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Temukisa Enele, 25, of Pago Pago, American Samoa, died from multiple stab wounds and lacerations. Watts said Enele was living and working in Columbia at the time of her death.
Deputies say 26-year-old Faasiu Toese is charged with Enele's murder.
Enele's body was found in a large Rubbermaid container in the back seat of Toese's car, investigators said.
Investigators say Toese called 911 just before 3 a.m. to report a woman had been stabbed. When deputies arrived at the restaurant at 7041 Parklane Rd., Toese pointed them to the Enele's body in his back seat.
Deputies say the incident began as a domestic argument at an apartment where the couple lived together on Ferrell Drive. After the stabbing, investigators say Toese drove Enele to the restaurant on Parklane Road.
James Bass lives across the street from where the victim's body was found.
"I looked outside this morning and saw the sheriff's office out here," said Bass. "I didn't hear any sirens or anything. Didn't realize that was going on."
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest