City celebrates Famously Hot New Year | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Against the backdrop of the South Carolina State House, people came to downtown Columbia to celebrate New Year's Eve.
Kim Black brought the family.
Jordan Roberts, setting New Years resolutions, Kate Timbes, trouble keeping New Years resolutions and Clark Howard showed up to Columbia's Famously Hot New Year's Eve celebration for the second straight year.
At Main and Gervais they were dancing in the street to Terence Young and the Finesse Band.
"I like the fact that it was free admission and that it was family friendly," said Black. "I could bring the kids down."
The young and old were considering resolutions for the new year.
"Eat less cheese probably," said Roberts.
"By fall its kind of hard to stick to," said Timbes.
Whether the resolutions stick or quickly tossed aside , it's obvious Columbia's Famously Hot New Year is one hot ticket for many.
This is the second year for the New Year's Eve event in Columbia. The Wallflowers headlined the party.
"This is a very good event and I think it should go on for years to come," said one visitor.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations