CMRTA meets to talk how new tax money will be used | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Members of the Central Midlands Regional Transportation Authority met on Wednesday to discuss how tax money from the recently approved penny sales tax initiative will be used to fund the bus system.
Officials want to extend operation hours during the week for main bus routes and increase the number of buses on the road.
Officials also want to build new bus shelters and make improvements to existing ones throughout the city.
Other projects include restoring midday services on routes that only have morning and afternoon services, increase Saturday services hours, and replacing old buses with new, smaller buses.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations