Parks and Recreation administrative offices move to new location | News
The administrative staff in the Parks and Recreation Department has relocated.
The offices moved from the Calhoun Street site to their new administration building located at Earlewood Park.
The main telephone number for the department, 803-545-3100, will remain the same. The new physical address is 1111 Parkside Drive.
Effective November 1, 2012, the Parkside Drive site will be open to the public for all normal business operations and the new Community Center will be available for reservations/rentals. A staff person will remain at the Calhoun Street location through next Friday in order to assist customers, who may not be aware of the location for the new administrative offices.
A grand opening ceremony will be planned for a date to be determined in the spring of 2013. The grand opening will coincide with the completion of ongoing construction, which includes the new playground, the renovation of the tennis courts and the dedication of the community fountain.
For citizens needing immediate assistance or access to management or administrative staff in the Parks and Recreation Department’s main office, please contact or visit:
City of Columbia Parks and Recreation Department
1111 Parkside Drive
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest