Man scores $400K winning lottery ticket | News
Watching football on Sunday a Columbia man raised both arms but wasn’t signaling a touchdown.
“I was praising Jesus,” he said.
The lottery numbers he’s played for four years came in to win him $400,000.
The Palmetto Cash 5 player told lottery officials that family birthdates and favorite numbers made for a winning combination (9, 17, 29, 33, and 36). Sunday night, he slept with the winning ticket under his pillow.
“I feel great,” he said. “I’m so very thankful.”
Paying the extra $1 for Power-Up multiplied his $100,000 top prize to $400,000.
The odds of winning $400,000 playing Palmetto Cash 5 are 1 in 4,015,536.
For selling the claimed ticket, Food Fare in Columbia received a commission of $4,000.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations