Pregnant friend’s indigestion leads to winning lottery ticket | News
A Columbia woman is $155,555 richer after stopping at a store to pick up some Rolaids for her pregnant friend.
The woman wouldn’t have stopped at the El Cheapo on N. Main St. in Columbia for antacids and a lottery ticket, if it wasn’t for a pregnant friend’s indigestion.
The Rolaids cured her friend. The $5 lottery ticket made the Columbia woman feel better too. She won $155,555.
“I fell to my knees,” she said, holding on to the Fantastic 5’s ticket with both hands.
The winner plans to buy a house and a car.
“My friend laughed at me when I bought the ticket,” she said. “But I told her one day I was going to hit it big.”
“Five is my lucky number,” she said.
As of this release, one top prize of $155,555 remains in the Fantastic 5’s game. Odds of winning the top prize are 1 in 600,000.
El Cheapo received a commission of $1,555 once the ticket was claimed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations