A yard sale to benefit Jackson | Events
Come out and support Jackson, a 6 month old baby boy who was recently diagnosed with Infantile Spasms, a very rare form of Epilepsy. The family will host a yard sale to help with expenses as they travel up north to the Cincinnati Children's Hospital on July 21 to visit specialists in Infantile Spasms.
Jackson has been in and out of the hospital since March and the medicine he is currently on caused him to lose his central vision, but was necessary to save his life.
He is currently on 11 different medications and the families out of pocket expense is really expensive.
This is an attempt to save Jackson's peripheral vision. The family will have to drive up to Ohio, since Jackson is unable to fly. All monies raised from the benefit will go towards gas, food, lodging, medications and supplies that are necessary to care for the newborn.
The fundraiser will be held on July 16 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 903 Lacy St. in Columbia near the SC Fairgrounds.
Related stories:A mother’s journey to save her son’s sight
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations