DMV to hold Driver Suspension Eligibility Week | Events
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is holding Driver Suspension Eligibility Week March 11 through March 15 for drivers with certain license suspensions .
The program is offered in all DMV offices across the state.
During Driver Suspension Eligibilty Week, South Carolina drivers who have lost their driving privileges for suspensions included in the program may be able to reduce or clear the remaining time of their suspension. The program will assist the following types of suspended drivers:
· Drivers under 18 years of age that are suspended for excessive points.
· Those suspended for operating an unlicensed taxi or vehicle.
· Drivers suspended for operating an uninsured vehicle that they did not own.
· Those suspended for operating or allowing operation of an uninsured vehicle.
· Drivers suspended for driving under suspension, excluding alcohol or drug related convictions.
To qualify for the program, drivers must meet all of the conditions of their suspensions. All fees must be paid and any required insurance must be filed. If a driver has more than one suspension, DMV will recalculate the suspension time. Drivers with suspensions not covered by the program will still need to serve that suspension.
To apply for the program, drivers must complete the Driver Suspension Eligibility Application, Form DL-601 and visit a SCDMV office during Driver Suspension Eligibility Week. Drivers with a clear record may apply for a driver’s license. Depending on the type of suspension, they may be required to take the vision, knowledge and road skills tests before getting a new driver’s license.
All offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. except on Wednesday when all offices are closed for training from 8:30 -9:30 a.m.
For more information, please see the Driver Suspension Eligibility Week Frequently Asked Questions and the following link:
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations