Second self defense training class being offered to young men | Events
Due to the overwhelming response to the Sheriff’s announcement for the free training class for young men (ages 8 to 14) on February 23, the Department is going to hold a second Free Self-Defense Class for Young Men on Saturday, April 6, from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM at the Polo Road Recreation Center, 730 Polo Road.
This course is being co-sponsored by Diana Arvay, who has been working with the Richland County Sheriff’s Department for years with a very successful Women’s self-defense course that we instruct.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the first class will have 50 students and the second class is sure to fill up quickly so please pre-register for the course by calling Diana at 803-446-8605.
Sheriff Leon Lott is offering a free self-defense class, which will be taught by experienced deputies from the Richland County Sheriff’s Department, that will give our young men the confidence and knowledge they need to protect themselves from an aggressor. The self-defense techniques and information they will learn will hopefully prevent an altercation from ever occurring.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations