Parks and Recreation to Host Free Community Gardening Workshop | Events
Join City Parks and Recreation on Saturday, February 16, for “Year-Round Gardening”, a free community gardens workshop with gardening guru, Ed Brogdon of Back-To-Eden, LLC. The workshop will be held at Hyatt Park Community Garden, 950 Jackson Avenue at 10:15 a.m.
Participants will learn how to do their own gardening and grow healthy fruits and vegetables or plant those beautiful flowers they’ve always dreamed of during this very informative, hands-on time in the garden.
The workshop is part of the department’s Community Gardens initiative which is designed to provide valuable educational and social opportunities that contribute to the development of a sense of community, environmental awareness, civic engagement and sustainable living. There are currently twenty community gardens sites across the city, with more to come in the near future.
Reservations are required in order to attend the workshop and must be made by February, 8.
To reserve your spot for this workshop and/or to find out more on Community Gardens program in the city, call City of Columbia Parks and Recreation at (803) 545-3100.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations