State Library offers webinars on identity protection | Events
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Several South Carolina state agenices are teaming up to teach the public how to protect themselves from identity thieves.
The Truth About Identity Protection is a free webinar to help South Carolina residents deal with the recent security breach at the Department of Revenue that compromised financial information for millions of state taxpayers.
The Department of Revenue, SC Department of Consumer Affairs and South Carolina State Library are working together on the webinars. Staff members from the departments will offer resources and information and answer questions.
Topics include security breaches, credit reports and enrolling in credit monitoring for South Carolina residents.
Taxpayers can view the webinars from their internet-connected devices. Companies and organizations can register to show the webinars in group meeting rooms or computer labs.
January 16, 2013 2:00-3:30pm (also may be viewed at the State Library)
January 18, 2013 10:00-11:30am (also may be viewed at the State Library)
For more information or to register, click here.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations