City Roots Wins National Green America Contest | Environment
Green America hosts a contest for green businesses throughout the United States each season called the People & Planet Award. The top three businesses with the most votes win $5,000 each to go towards improving the business. City Roots, a local “green” farm, won for the Autumn 2012 People & Planet Award cycle with the most votes in the nation. City Roots will announce their plans on how the grant money will be used to support their urban farm operations.
A check presentation is scheduled for Thursday, December 20 at 12 p.m., at City Roots located at 1005 Airport Blvd.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations