Richland County to host recycling & shredding event | Environment
Richland County Solid Waste Department is helping citizens chunk unwanted junk, hosting a special electronic recycling and document shredding event.
The event will be held on Saturday, December 1 from 9am-12pm at Zion Mill Creek Baptist located at 97 Mill Creek Parkway.
The event is open to all Richland County residents and the following items will be accepted: tires, computers, televisions, household electronics, microwave ovens, scrap metal and paper documents for shredding.
Residents will also be able to “Make the Switch”; exchanging regular household bulbs for 8 energy efficient Compact Fluorescent Bulbs. The limit is 8 per person.
The county will not be collecting commercial materials, refrigerators or air conditioners.
For more information contact the Richland County Solid Waste Department at 803-576-2446.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations