Police seek ID of bank robbery suspect | Crime
The Columbia Police Department is asking for the community’s assistance in recognizing a man seen on surveillance video during a bank robbery.
The report said Monday afternoon an unknown man entered the First Citizens Bank and Trust at 7366 Garners Ferry Road, approached the counter, and demanded money.
The suspect is not accused of threatening the teller with a weapon or making reference to one, police say.
The teller gave the man an undisclosed amount of money, and the man fled the scene. No one was physically harmed.
The suspect is described as a white male, with a ‘pointy’ nose, possibly between 30 and 40-years-old, and standing 5’ 8” tall. He is possibly 225-250 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray hoodie and a USC Gamecock baseball cap.
Witnesses tell investigators that they saw the man get into an older model silver 4-door car.
If you have any information about this crime or recognize the man in the above photo you are urged to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations