Deputies investigating after two homes shot overnight | Crime
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) – Several shots were fired into two homes overnight and the Richland County Sheriff’s Department is trying to determine if they are connected.
The first call came in around 9:30 Sunday night in the 3800 block (3805) of Woodbury Drive. Deputies say one shot went into the home, but luckily the bullet didn’t strike anyone.
The second call came in from a home on Shagbark Avenue (231) around 1:00 Monday morning. In a similar incident deputies say multiple shots were fired into the home. No one was hit in this incident either. Shagbark Avenue is a little over a mile away from Woodbury Drive.
The third incident happened just before 3:00 Monday morning at 3805 Woodbury Drive. Deputies say no one was hit.
Woodbury Drive and Shagbark Avenue are near Leesburg Road and Lower Richland Blvd. Deputies are trying to see if the shootings are linked to each other and asking anyone with any tips about the shooting to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIMESC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations