Deputies discover stolen copper during traffic stop | Crime
Richland County Sheriff’s Department arrested a man charged with four counts of transporting stolen metals, and four counts of metals/damage/theft to real property over $10,000.
Deputies arrested 34-year-old Talvin Robinson following a traffic violation at the 7400 block of Fairfield Road.
Deputies say during the stop, they discovered that Robinson was transporting stolen copper inside the vehicle.
Robinson was subsequently placed under arrest.
Richland County Sheriff’s Department Investigators were able to determine that Robinson was responsible for several copper thefts:
· Friday, April 12, 2013 at 9354 Two Notch Road (N Touch Salon) Robinson stole copper from two air conditioning units located at the side of the business. Damage to the business is estimated at $6,000.00.
· Friday, April 12, 2013 at 140 Wildewood Park Road (Pujara and Associates) Robinson stole copper from five air conditioning units at the business. Damage is estimated at $17,000.00.
· Friday, April 5, 2013 at 110 Wildewood Park Drive (Woods Research) Robinson stole copper from two air conditioning units located in the rear of the business. Damage is estimated at $5,000.00.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that this investigation continues and additional arrests may occur related to other suspects being involved in these crimes.
Robinson was transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations