CPD: Officers hear screams for help, nab wallet thief | Crime
Columbia Police nabbed a man accused of stealing a woman’s wallet after hearing her scream for help.
Police arrested 25-year-old Daniel Scott Bunch after he allegedly stole a woman’s wallet at the front entrance of a local store Wednesday.
The report said shortly before 4 p.m. Bunch pushed the female victim and took her wallet while at the Bush River Shopping Center.
Officers were in the area at the time, heard the victim scream for help and quickly responded and caught Bunch as he ran across the parking lot in an attempt to get away, the report stated.
When Bunch was arrested, officers recovered the stolen items which included a wallet, cash, and credit cards.
The victim was not physically harmed during the incident.
Bunch was booked on a charge of strong arm robbery and transported to Lexington County Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations