Deputies: Suspect in copper theft turns himself in | Crime
A Columbia man wanted for causing over $5,000 in damages during a copper theft turned himself into law enforcement on Monday.
According to Deputy Curtis Wilson, 29-year-old Troy Kennedy turned himself into the Richland County Sheriff’s Department on an outstanding criminal arrest warrant for injury to real property to obtain nonferrous metals.
The report said Kennedy caused over $5,000 in damages while attempting to steal cooper from a new home under construction.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations