Deputies: Fingerprints left behind help ID attempted burglary suspect | Crime
Richland County Sheriff’s Department deputies were able to nab a suspect wanted for attempted burglary after he left fingerprints at the scene of the crime.
Deputies arrested and charged 28-year-old Brad Channing Evans with attempted burglary.
The report said around 3:00 a.m. on Monday, March 11, Evans attempted to break into a residence located on Southern Drive.
Deputies say the victim heard noises coming from the front window of the apartment, and as he went to check Evans fled the area.
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Lab was able to get a positive identification from the fingerprints left at the scene which belonged to Evans.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the investigation continues and that Evans may be tied to additional burglaries in the Southern Drive and Shop Road areas.
Evans was transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations