Man charged with 4 apartment break-ins | Crime
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott has announced the arrest of Therion Lawrence, 27, in connection with several burlaries in the same apartment complex.
Lott said that on Wednesday, Lawrence was arrested by Columbia Police for a burglary at a residence on South Walker Street. The sheriff’s department had been looking into several burglaries in that area and questioned Lawrence.
Investigators believe he is responsible for four apartment burglaries on the same street near Rosewood Drive and South Beltline Boulevard:
- Tuesday, January 1, 2013 – 518 Deerwood Street, Lawrence is accused of breaking into the apartment through the living room window and stealing a 32” LCD Flat Screen Television valued at $250.00.
- Saturday, January 12, 2013 – 508 Deerwood Street, Lawrence is accused of breaking into the apartment through the common area hallway door and shattered the window. Once inside, deputies say Lawrence stole a 47” LED 3-D Television, X-Box 360, X-Box Kinect, X-Box FIFI game, and HG Pavilion Laptop estimated total value $2,864.00. The damage to the door and window is estimated at $350.00.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013 – 528 Deerwood Street, Lawrence is accused of breaking the back door window to gain entry into the apartment. Once inside Lawrence is accused of stealing a Samsung LED 32” Television, and a Netbook Laptop, total estimated value $1,550. Total estimated damage to the back door window $250.00.
- Monday, March 11, 2013 – 441 Deerwood Street, Lawrence is accused of breaking into the apartment by forcing open the bathroom window. After gaining entry into the apartment, deputies say Lawrence stole a black .40 caliber Smith and Wesson hand gun, Play Station 3, Blockbuster DVD, Play Station video games, Sniper Elite, Deadspace 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, and Call of Duty Black OPS. The total estimated value $765.00.
Lott asks citizens to be pro-active in reporting suspicious activity and in preparing their homes toward preventing burglaries.
Lawrence has additional charges pending with the City of Columbia Police Department. He has been transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations