Sheriff: 'Robbing someone is horrible enough, but to beat someone unconscious is senseless' | Crime
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department released video of two individuals who may have witnessed an armed robbery Tuesday morning.
The report said deputies responded to an armed robbery call at 3:30 a.m. at the Willowcreek Apartments located on Fernandina Road.
According to sheriff’s deputies, the victim, a cab driver for Yellow Cab drove two unknown suspects from the Wash World on St. Andrews Road to the incident location.
Deputies say the suspects assaulted the victim till he lost consciousness, stole his money and fled the area on foot.
Sheriff Leon Lott states that robbing someone is horrible enough, but to beat someone unconscious is senseless.
Lott adds that these two individuals in the above video were in the area at the time of the crime and may have knowledge as to what happened.
The two men are described as black men, wearing black hoodies, dark pants and dark shoes.
In the video one of the men had on a white hat.
If you can identify the men in the above video or have any information about this crime, you are urged to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations