Man allegedly lied to police about being robbed | Crime
A Columbia man has been arrested after allegedly lying to police about being an armed robbery victim.
Police say 27-year-old John Feagin is charged with false swearing and filing a false police report.
Feagin allegedly told investigators that he was robbed four times in several weeks, the report stated.
According to police, Feagin is accused of reporting that armed robbers stole his prescription medicines and money at various spots in the City of Columbia.
In one case, Feagin reported being assaulted, the report stated.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations