Sheriff: 'Suspect needs to be caught before he kills someone because of this ridiculous act' | Crime
Richland County Sheriff is asking for the community’s assistance in identifying suspect(s) wanted for aggravated assault.
Sheriff Leon Lott states that on two occasions, an unknown suspect(s) threw a rock from the overpass onto passing vehicles causing major damage.
· At 9:30 PM Monday, January 14, 2013 at Broad River Road and Bookie Richardson Road the victims’ vehicle sustained major front end damage. Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the victim was traveling west bound on Broad River Road and the suspect was traveling east -- the victim saw the suspect throw the rock at his vehicle.
· Just before midnight, Saturday, January 12, 2013 at I-26 West at the overpass near exit 94 the victims’ windshield was shattered as it was struck by a large rock. Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the victim and her passengers suffered injuries to the upper body as a result of the glass and rock hitting the victims; they were transported to Lexington Medical Center for treatment. The victim saw the suspect vehicle as she approached, then heard a loud bang.
Deputies say the suspect is described as a white male, 20-35 years of age, blonde or brown hair, diving a white older model pickup truck (possibly a F-150/Silverado size). Sheriff Leon Lott stated that this suspect needs to be apprehended before he kills someone because of this ridiculous act.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that Richland County Sheriff’s Department Investigators are working to determine who’s responsible.
If you know anything about these incidents, please contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations