Woman wearing fake hair wanted for cashing forged checks | Crime
Richland County deputies are seeking a woman who was caught on camera wearing a red wig and glasses while cashing two forged checks at a bank on Broad River Road.
Deputies say the woman entered the First Citizens Bank branch around 1:47 p.m. with two checks each written for $1,500. Bank officials became suspicious of the checks because they were written for the same amount.
Bank workers say the girl drove off in a black Mercedes G-class SUV with a North Carolina tag that says "Carolina Girl".
The Sheriff's Department says the checks were stolen during a car break-in at a Gold's Gym on Killian Road in December.
If you have any information about this case, you are asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations