Sheriff: Suspect drives victim’s vehicle for several days after robbery | Crime
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the community’s assistance in locating a man wanted for armed robbery and carjacking.
The report said just after 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011, 21-year-old Tyrone Robinson and another unknown male suspect approached the victim with a handgun and forcibly stole his vehicle (a 2003 black Ford Explorer) at the 1100 block of Hallbrook Drive.
Investigators say they know that Robinson was driving the victim’s vehicle for several days after the robbery and the department has since recovered the victim’s vehicle.
According to sheriff’s deputies, Robinson has a criminal record that includes burglary and drugs and that the Richland County Fugitive Task Force has been actively pursuing leads on Robinson’s location.
The Sheriff stated that tips are coming in to the Department that Robinson may be receiving help, to hide from law enforcement, and that anyone who harbors Robinson could face criminal charges.
If you know where Robinson is hiding, you are urged to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations