Police: 100 mph chase ends with car wreck | Crime
A 100 mph chase ended with a car wreck Tuesday night.
Police say 34-year-old Brandon Burden is charged with reckless driving, failure to stop for blue light and driving under suspension.
The report said shortly after 12 a.m., officers were dispatched to East Exchange Boulevard in reference to a suspicious person walking around the parking lot of La Quinta Inn.
Upon arrival, deputies located the complainant who stated that Burden got into a white in color Cadillac sedan and fled the scene.
The report said an officer patrolling the area spotted the vehicle Burden was driving on Garners Ferry Road and initiated a traffic stop.
Deputies say that’s when Burden ignored blue lights.
The report said Burden took off on Garners Ferry Road and speeds during the chase reached 100 miles per hour.
The suspect’s vehicle then went southbound onto Old Hopkins Road, where officers observed the car had been wrecked, the report stated.
Burden then ran in the woods, where K9 officers located him.
Burden was arrested and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations