Sheriff: Deadbeat dad owes up to $55,000 in unpaid child support | Crime
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the community's assistance in locating a man they say owes $55,000 in child support.PHOTO GALLERY
DO YOU KNOW THESE MEN? Click to view photos of accused deadbeat dads.
Deputies say 34-year-old Christopher Green is wanted for failure to pay child support in excess of $55,000.
Sheriff Leon Lott states that the children are the true victims when people disregard court orders to pay child support.
Sheriff Leon Lott states that anyone wanted for failure to pay child support should turn themselves in to the Richland County Sheriff's Department Warrant Division located at 1400 Huger Street or call 576-2392.
The Sheriff added that anyone who knows the location of Green or any fugitive from justice should contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations