Deputies: Man who stole meat from Food Lion turns himself into authorities | Crime
A man wanted for shoplifting turned himself into the Richland County Sheriff’s Department Headquarters on Wednesday morning, December 05, 2012.
Deputies say after seeing his profile on the news, 49-year-old Ronald Quarles called the Richland County Sheriff’s Department Fugitive Task Force to arrange his surrender.
Deputies say on the evening of Oct. 30, Quarles walked into the Food Lion located at 9810 Two Notch Road and stole packaged meats.
The report said Quarles grabbed a shopping cart and walked directly to the meat section, at which time he then filled up the cart with packaged meats Quarles then walked out of the store without paying for the merchandise, deputies say.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the investigation continues and additional charges could be forthcoming.
Quarles was transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations