Deputies: Burglary suspect turns himself in after media exposure | Crime
Due to media exposure and the assistance of the community a man wanted for burglary turned himself in to authorities.
Richland County Sheriff’s deputies say 22-year-old Demetrius Henderson turned himself in to his probation officer Friday morning.
Investigators say between 7:00 a.m. and 11:30 p.m., on Nov. 8, Henderson burglarized a home located on Pinelane Road, and stole items from inside.
The report said Henderson broke the bedroom window, in order to gain entrance in the residence.
Deputies say once inside, Henderson stole items with an estimated value of $1,640.00.
Investigators were able to identify Henderson as the burglary suspect after receiving tips from the community.
Investigators say they’re checking to see if Henderson is connected to other burglaries.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations