Sheriff: Suspect sought after stealing $100K worth of items from business | Crime
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is requesting the community’s assistance in locating a suspect wanted for motor vehicle theft and theft from a motor vehicle.
Deputies say they’re searching for 33-year-old Floyd Gholson.
The report said between 8:20 p.m. on Monday, September 17, and 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, September 18, 32-year-old Ronnie Smith and Gholson broke into Green Earth Services located at 7426 Fairfield Road.
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that a tip provided to investigators implicated Smith and Gholson in this crime.
According to sheriff’s deputies, the victim said the entrance gates which are usually locked were wide open when he arrived.
Deputies observed that the gates were forced open to the business and that Smith and Gholson stole items listed below:
- Lawn mower tools
- White 2012 Chevy C3500 Truck
- Two mowers
- Six Stihl String Trimmers
- Six Stihl Backpack Blower
- Stihl Edger FC
- Four Stihl Hand Shears
- Two Husqvarna Chain Saws
Total estimated value of missing items $104,639.05
Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the stolen truck and trailer were located on Bookman Loop near Monticello Road during an active search by investigators.
Deputies say Smith turned himself in on Monday.
Anyone with information on the location of Gholson or about this crime should contaxt Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations